︎︎︎︎DOWNLOAD︎︎︎ The The Anti Ableist Art Educators Manifesto PDF along with other social media visuals to place in your spaces of advocacy and joy. ︎
This Manifesto stands as a powerful declaration of creative resistance and protest, serving as an enlightening guide for individuals, both with and without disabilities. Its purpose is to ignite awareness and empower not only one's own disabled identity but also to uplift the disabled and neurodivergent members of our community, particularly students. Let this manifesto be a beacon of education, sparking a collective effort to foster inclusivity and support for every unique mind and body. Together, we rise in solidarity, embracing diversity as our greatest strength.
As my Neurodiverent friend and educator, Lydia Z. Brown states:
Ableism is an entire way of thinking and doing that harms disabled people by treating some types of bodies and minds as valuable, worthy, and desirable, and others as undesirable and unworthy. Ableism is embedded in legal, social, and political institutions, as well as in commonly accepted and unquestioned attitudes and assumptions.
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the work and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
PLEASE DO NOT SELL THIS MANIFESTO WAS A WAY TO ERASE THE NEURODIVERENT PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY PREPARED THIS DOCUMENT IN SOLIDARITY TO ALL ART EDUCATORS
PLEASE DO NOT PASS THIS DOCUMENT AND ART OFF AS YOUR OWN CREATION.
- PLEASE PROPERLY CITE THIS EDUCATIONAL RESOURCE MATERIAL The Anti Ableist Art Educators Manifesto designed and created IN DISABILTY SOLIDARITY BY JEN WHITE-JOHNSON © 2022
If you plan to use or share this FREE resource in any way you are encouraged donate to Jen’s Venmo to support her art, activism, design and advocacy both in and outside the classroom!
Image descriptions, black bold Text on yellow, white and orange 8.5 x 11 paper text reads: (in English and in Spanish)
1. SHOW UP
2. ERADICATE ABLEISM
3. UPLIFT ACCEPTANCE
4. CREATE WITH AND NOT FOR
5. OUR DIFFERENCES SHOULD EMBOLDEN US
6. DISABILITY IS NOT A BAD WORD
7. VALUE ALL BODIES AND MINDS
8. ALLYSHIP IS SACRIFICE
9. OUR ART IS OUR SURVIVAL
EL ANTI CAPAZ
EDUCADORES DE ARTE
2. ERRADICAR LA CAPACIDAD
3. ACEPTACION DE ELEVACION
4. CREAR CON Y NO PARA
5. NUESTRAS DIFERENCIAS SON FORTALEZAS
6. DISCAPACIDAD NO ES UNA MALA PALABRA
7. VALORAR TODOS LOS CUERPOS Y MENTES
8. LA ALIANZA ES SACRIFICIO
9. NUESTRO ARTE ES NUESTRO SUPERVIVENCIA